14 March 2012

NORTHBOUND

Hot on the heels of Image Expo, we are presently gearing up for the Emerald City Comicon in Seattle.

This is one of my absolute favorite conventions of the year, and I'm really psyched that so many Image creators are making it out this time around: Ed Brubaker, Joe Casey, Nathan Edmondson, Joe Eisma, Jay Faerber, Chris Giarrusso, Joe Keatinge, Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Ryan Ottley, Tim Seeley, Marc Silvestri... Honestly, I could probably fill up this entire post with all the names, but that's just a small sample.

Marc Silvestri did the cover for this year's program guide, and as with most of his work, it's insanely awesome. So awesome, in fact, that ECCC head honcho Jim Demonakos is making it available as both a limited edition print and a t-shirt.

The show runs Friday to Sunday, March 30-April 1, so if you're thinking about going – now's the time to pull the trigger. It's an amazingly well-organized convention that is always a lot of fun, and as a bonus, Downtown Seattle is an incredible place to hang out after the show, with restaurants and bars galore. I usually have such a great time when I'm in town for ECCC that I go home and wish I actually lived there. It certainly doesn't hurt that I spent around six years up in that area as a child, but seriously, it's a great city and as comic book conventions go, ECCC provides a truly wonderful experience.