17 February 2012

A WEEK AWAY


I think this has already made the rounds on Twitter today, but it's still cool to finally have one of these in my mits. (Those freaky teeth are from the cover of Jonathan Hickman and Ryan Bodenheim's Secret, by the way. You have no idea how much you are going to love that comic book right now, but trust me, you will.)

I'm really curious how this whole thing will work, because it's unlike anything we've ever attempted before. I did a couple of interviews about the show yesterday, that I guess will be making their way into the local press over the next few days, but the one thing I've tried to stress is how thankful I am for the opportunity to do something not just for the Bay Area comics community, but for the local community in general. 

When I visited Oakland for the first time, back in the '90s, it was a very different place. The way Downtown Oakland has transformed itself over the last couple years is really inspiring. That sort of undertaking is something I have a lot of affinity for, and I have a lot of admiration for all the people who made that happen. Being able to get involved with an event that takes place within that community feels really good.

And – gak! – it's next weekend.

If you don't have tickets yet, you can get them here.